Leupold Mark 4 Spotting Scope Review | Leupold Mark 4 12-40X60Mm
There is over tens of thousands Spotting Scope on the market. How to know which one to choose? We found the best one for you, it has everything you need and it's affordable. We present to you: Leupold Mark 4 Spotting Scope Review.
While going on an open country hunt for mule deer and elk, I considered eminence binoculars as the only optics I required. However, as the time passed by, I gained more knowledge about how quickly these animals can hide in exposed terrain. I began to look for a good spotting scope that would serve my needs well.
Leupold Mark 4 Scope Summery
At first, I tried other affordable choices but was frustrated by the quality of the image. I saw many benefits that came with these spotting scopes as I continued testing several high-end models. The leupold mark 4 spotting scope is one of the high-end spotting scopes that impressed me. It is relatively compact and a very powerful scope for observation.
This model has incorporated its mirror optical system with an effectively folded light path technology. This combination offers you a powerful magnification in a lightweight and compact design at just 12.4-inches long. The mirrors reflect the light twice as much. You get high optical quality in a spotting scope which is small enough to fit in your backpack.
The multi coated 4 lens system of the spotting scope optimizes the light transmission for maximum brightness, contrast, and resolution. It works just fine even at the maximum magnification settings. I also noticed that the front focal reticle magnifies the reticle and the image. This functionality allows you to estimate the range at whichever power settings you prefer. Check out here: BARSKA Colorado Waterproof Spotting Scope Review
Leupold Mark 4 Spotting Scope Key features you should know about
The leupold mark 4 scope comes equipped with impressive features and benefits which give it an edge over all other scopes. Here are the unique features;
1. Tactical Spotting Scope
It features a tactical spotting scope that enables you to approximate the range at any power settings using the Mil Dot. You will be able to know how far the animals you are hunting or observing are
2. Multi Coated 4 Lens System
The multi coated 4 lens system of the leupold 4 spotting scope optimizes light transmission for uppermost brightness, contrast, and resolution. Get the best image quality to avoid confusing animals that might look alike.
3. Compatible Digital Camera
The scope features a compatible digital camera that simplifies the process of capturing images. Want to store an image that fascinates you? No problem. All you have to do is take a snapshot and document it later.
4. Fitting Protective Cover
It features fitting protective cover which is designed to stay on the spotting scope. The protective cover provides moderate protection to bangs and bumps. It also offers decent protection from any scratches. Besides the protective cover, this spotting scope comes with a soft-sided case that is lightly padded and built of a rugged nylon intended for field use
5. Light Reflecting Off Lens
In spotting scope, light reflecting off lens surfaces usually reduces the image quality. The leupold mark spotting scope comes equipped with a multicoated 4 lens system that improves image quality. It focuses all available light to reach your eyes. It tends to minimize the sky reflections on the outer eyepiece at the same time with leupold multicoated 4 spotting scope, you will always be able to control, with ease, the amount of light that goes into the item.
6. Water and Fog Proof
The spotting scope is ruggedly constructed, completely water and fog proof. The scope comes with a 1/-20-inches thread tripod attachment. It is also equipped with a McCann Rail Accessory that enables you to utilize your scope for night vision.
7. Folded Light Path Technology
The leupold mark scope features a folded light path technology. This system gives excellent magnification settings in its lightweight and compact design at just 12.4-inches long. It comes fitted with a 30-millimeter eye relief that enables those who wear glasses to see full images without any difficulty. Eye relief is the distance from the viewer's eye to the eyepiece of the spotting scope without losing the field of view.
8. limited Lifetime Warranty
The spotting scope comes with a limited lifetime warranty and a twilight factor of 26.8 to 48.9. The twilight factor has the greatest impact on image quality and resolution. The greater the twilight factor, the healthier the resolution of the scope when viewing under dim light environments.
- Close focus distance of about 36 feet .
- 3.2 to 1.0 degrees angular field of view.
- Twilight factor rating around 26.8 to 48.9 .
- 12.7x to 38.1x actual magnification.
- Linear field of view is 168 to 52 foot for each 1000 yards equivalent to 56 to meters for each 1000 meters • 60mm objective aperture .
- Exit pupil of 4.8 to 1.5 millimeter.
- 30-millimeter eye relief.
- Weighs 37 pounds.
- 12.4 inches long.
The benefits of leupold mark 4 spotting scope
- Helps in determining the best settings and setup for distant shots.
- Observes wildlife and prey from safe and unnoticed distances. With the leupold mark spotting scope; you can spot the movements of animals in the air or on the ground from as far as 53 to 168 feet for every 1000 yards.
- Higher magnification levels and zoom power. The leupold spotting scope enables you to zoom to the closest possible frame for you to distinguish wildlife. In other words, the leupold mark 4 scope can help you spot a deer in a large herd and trace its hiding spot.
- Camera adaptable spotting scope allows for telephotography and digiscoping on the fly. Digiscoping includes taking images by the spotting scopes rather than through camera lens. When it comes to telephotography, the leupold mark 4 scope is capable of using its lens as a telephoto lens operating at a much higher magnification.
- Compact enough to slide into your daypack and incredibly rugged to withstand external scratches.
Drawbacks of leupold mark 4 spotting scope
- Just like everything else, the spotting scope comes with some drawbacks. Here the most outstanding ones.
- The spotting scope is very expensive. Only those who need it for constant use would make the most out of their money.
- Setting up the scope can be tedious and also time-consuming.
- The spotting scopes reticle makes it infeasible for photography and birding applications.
Leupold mark 4 spotting scope is easy to pack and has exceptional clarity and steadiness. It is appropriate for use in birding, scouting or judging distance when hunting or tracking down animals. Considering its impressive features such as incredible magnification, adequate eye relief, and waterproof casing, it is definitely worth the price. It is user-friendly, and it would serve you right for a long time Get one for yourself today and enjoy your outdoor escapades!