BARSKA Colorado Waterproof Spotting Scope Review
People have a variety of hobbies such as hunting, astronomy and wildlife observation. Some of these outdoor explorations need a spotting scope. Finding the right scope will help you to get the adventures. The BARSKA Colorado Waterproof Spotting scope in one of the best scopes for hunting, long distance bird watching and nature study. Let's take an in-depth look at its features, strengths, and weaknesses.
BARSKA Colorado Waterproof Spotting Scope Features at a Glance
When watching birds or identifying constellations, your scope would need to be clear and reliable. The BARSKA Colorado Spotting Scope has the following great features to assist you to achieve this.
A 20-60X60mm Objective Lens with Zoom
The lens is quite capable of covering a great range of view of up to 1000 yards. It offers clear, sharp images even in low light. This feature makes the lens flexible for use in a variety of activities. It is ideal for outdoor activities such as bird watching, hunting, and surveillance.
Mounting Tripod and Double Lens Caps
The tripod is easy to use and is durable. Its height can be adjusted easily to suit your viewing needs. The Barska Colorado Scope also comes with double lens caps that works well to protect the lens on both ends of the scope. They block twigs and branches that may scratch the lens.
Rubberized Waterproof Casing
It has a rubberized waterproof protective casing. This makes it 100% waterproof and fog proof. This feature offers the user a steady grip of the scope. The casing is done in camo color so as not to draw attention during use.
Durable Carry Case with Dual Pockets
Its carry case is waterproof, and it has double zippers for easy access to the scope. Furthermore, it has two compartments. The main top compartment comfortably holds the Scope, and the bottom compartment houses the mounting tripod. The whole item and its components fit in quite well. The total package is light to carry around especially with the use of a carry strap attached.
The scope’s objective 60mm lens is rated at 1000 yards. It is, therefore, able to deliver a clear, crisp image of subjects over half a mile away. The zoom and focus knobs operate smoothly. The quick access focus lets you lock on to your target quickly after zooming in. Out in the field, seconds matter, and this is a scope you can rely on.
Chances are you plan to use your scope out in the wild. High-powered optics will not count for much if the scope breaks the first time it's jostled. Fortunately, the BARSKA Colorado Waterproof Spotting Scope is not only waterproof but also fog proof. In addition, it is coated with rubber armor for maximum protection.
Ease of use
The scope weighs in at under 3 pounds and is compact enough. It is never a hassle carrying it around. It also comes with a tripod built to keep it stable in difficult terrain. You can use it comfortably under any weather and geographical conditions. You can carry it without worrying that it may get damaged due to scratches or fall and break.
Features in Practice
All the features above look great on paper. It is time to find out how the scope performs when put to practice.
The optics are powerful enough to give you a sharp image of a 0.223 bull’s-eye at 300 yards. You still have to learn to hit accurately. If you miss the target, you cannot blame the scope. The tripod would come in handy to provide stability when you want to group your shots.
In the Field
The smoothness of the zoom and focus knobs really stands out when using the scope in the wild. You can zoom your scope at levels of up to 20x magnification. This will allow you to see an animal as clearly as if it were standing close enough to touch. At higher zoom levels, moving targets start to get a little blurry, and you will notice some shadows around the edges. You will however still be able to identify an animal and its position.
The scope is ideal for shorter periods of observation. The scope's poor eye relief makes it difficult to use for extended periods. This is because you will have to strain and periodically rub your eyes to keep the focus. Do some eye movement exercises when using them for surveillance
- It has adjustable zoom and focus dials that make it flexible and user-friendly.
- You can use it in the rain and dumpy conditions since it has a waterproof casing and a carrying casing accompanied with it.
- This scope’s optics are fully coated. They are protected from the harshness of the sun's heat and humid air conditions.
- It is rated for 1000 yards so that you can use it for great distances.
- The scope is less than half as expensive as many similar products, and yet it holds up to or outperforms them all.
- It has a great focus on durability, and therefore you are guaranteed to use it for a long time.
- It is made of durable materials that are resistant to shock, drop and wear. You can use it every day for two years straight in any weather without any visible damages.
- It has a relatively poor eye relief. Your eyes will begin to feel the burn after a prolonged period of observation.
- To view at a zoom power of 60, it must be set on the tripod without moving.
- You will have to practice to use it first before you get the hang of focusing the image at high magnification.
- There is some motion blur when trying to spot moving targets at the higher levels of magnification.
The BARSKA Colorado Waterproof Spotting Scope is the ideal item for you. It offers everything you could realistically need at a remarkably low price point. Its durability and light weight makes it easy and fun to use in any condition. Users who wear glasses may find the product difficult to use, but that is true of many scopes. Its many great features and practical application secure its spot as one of the best spotting scope you will come across.